Discover a Fresh Start
Teachers will always be needed to educate our youth. In the midst of the current teacher shortage, our communities are in need of qualified and enthusiastic teachers. Job security also means salary security.
Make a Lasting Impact
Education is empowering. Being a teacher allows you to empower students, not only educationally, but also as you help them build the foundations for their futures.
Grow Within Your Career
Continue developing your skills and advance your career. There is no limit on learning and growing in a teaching career.
How much can you make as a teacher?
Use the slider to see what your financial future could look like. All compensation amounts below are annually calculated and illustrative. Ranges can vary widely depending on education, certifications, additional skills, and years of experience.
Novice to Level I
Level II to Level III
Level IV to Level V
How to Choose a Program
Contact the Program
Prep for Praxis
What education is needed?
It is important to know what you need to become a certified teacher in Louisiana.
At the minimum, all Louisiana certification programs require you to have a bachelor’s degree of any kind from an accredited college or university.
Most colleges have experienced transition counselors that can assist in determining a field of study that can get you completed in the shortest (and often least expensive) way possible.
Learn More About the Programs
Once you have your bachelor's degree or you are close to graduating, review the listing of Louisiana teacher preparation programs.
Sort programs by region, city, size, or any number of criteria and read more about each on their individualized pages.
Suggested programs in our area are found below.
Chat With a Program Representative
Study and Prepare for Your Praxis Exam
A Program Perfect for You
Oxford Teachers Academy (OTA) at Reach University
Study to become a teacher while still working full time.
- Apply for a teaching assistant position at one of Baton Rouge's many charter schools.
- Get your bachelor's degree through Reach University and work full-time as a teaching assistant.
- Get college credits as you work with students.
- Be the amazing teacher you were meant to be.
- Continue growing with the help of Teach225's resources and certification partners.
Benefits of a Career in Teaching
- Weekend, holidays, and summers off
- Retirement opportunities
- Incentives for continued education
- Job stability
- Giving back to your community
- Making an impact on future generations
What Type of School Is Right for You?
Charter schools are tuition-free schools of choice that are publicly funded but independently run. Please note, each environment is different. School leaders and the culture they’ve cultivated among staff also impact the school you choose.
- Flexible + easy to transfer retirement
- Above-average pay
- Instructional autonomy
EBR Parish Schools
- Access to district supports & development
- Average pay to competitive salaries
- Stable retirement options
- Smaller classes
- Incorporation of religious beliefs throughout the school structure
- Access to religious classes and training
Fill out the form and Emily, Senior Director of Talent Development and Workforce Strategy, will reach out to you.
"Educators are the heart of Baton Rouge"